Child Friendly City and Community: The World’s Largest Lesson
Join 5x5x5=creativity and partners for an hour of inspirational talks and films about children’s right to arts, creativity and culture as part of the launch weekend for the United Nations Global Goals.
Friday 25 September, 3.30 – 4.30pm at the egg theatre – Free Admission
Spaces are limited so please BOOK YOUR PLACE HERE
1. Welcome from Kate Cross, Director of the egg theatre
2. Passion Statements
The Magic of Children’s Literature
Gill McLay, Artistic Director, Bath Children’s Literature Festival
Children’s Rights to the Arts, Creativity and Culture
Penny Hay, Director of Research 5x5x5=creativity, Senior Lecturer in Arts Education, Bath Spa University
3. Thought Piece: David Almond: Children’s Imagination will Save the World
4. A film by Aardman: Sir Ken Robinson, the World’s Largest Lesson: an Aardman film
5. ecl foundation presentations from South Africa, Namibia and Netherlands: how can we release the inherent creativity and desire to learn of children and young people around the world?
6. Pledges: What are our pledges for Bath as a Child Friendly City and Community? What are your ideas for a Child Friendly City and Community that match the Global Goals?
www.project-everyone.org | www.5x5x5creativity.org.uk | www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment